PROFESSIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General terms and conditions apply in the application of any person wishing to take a tenancy. These are:
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT BOND: – this is the equivalent of one month’s rent plus £50.00. This will be held for the duration of the tenancy and will be refunded upon termination. (e.g. rent of £500.00 would mean a damage deposit of £550.00). When multiple tenants move into a property this amount may vary, so please check with the office.This is held in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- ONE MONTHS RENT IN ADVANCE: -This must be cleared funds along with the damage deposit,and thereafter all rent is to be paid by standing order.
- ADMINISTRATION FEE: – this is half the first month’s rent plus V.A.T. However, if you need to move into a property within seven days, there will be an additional charge of £20.00 plus VAT per person. Any guarantors required carry an additional charge of £20.00 plus VAT per guarantor, as full referencing is required for guarantors also. When multiple tenants move into a property this amount may vary, so please check with the office.
- REFERENCES: – We require full references to be carried out on all tenants applying for a property (and guarantor references in some cases). Foreign National tenants will need to contact the office for information on referencing requirements. You must provide copies of your driving licence/passport/birth/marriage certificate when filling out an application forms.
- HOLDING DEPOSIT: – to hold a property, we require a deposit of £100.00 per person cash or cheque which will be deducted from the first months rent. This deposit is non refundable should you cancel the tenancy prior to occupation or your references fail to meet required standards.
The minimum tenancy period is SIX MONTHS as per the 1988 Government housing act. Always check availability on (0191) 281 6200 as the list is updated frequently. For further information please contact us.