General Terms & Conditions Apply to all applications for students wishing to take a tenancy.
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT BOND: – is the equivalent of one months rent plus £50.00 per person. This will be held for the duration of the tenancy. Refund of the deposit is at the end of the tenancy when all rental payments are up to date and the inventory check out has been completed satisfactorily. (Example: Rent per person is £300.00 per person then the deposit would be £350.00 per person). The damage deposit is held in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- ONE MONTHS RENT IN ADVANCE: – to be paid upon signing of the agreement in advance of occupation. Rents thereafter will be paid by direct debit.
- ADMINISTRATION FEE: – £100 plus VAT per person
- REFERENCES: – All references will be done by Leaseguard who are an independent referencing company. They will check your current and previous addresses; credit rating, bank and also check previous landlords if necessary. Guarantors will be required for all applicants and referencing will again be done on them as well. We also require written proof from the university that you are indeed a student. We regret that we cannot accept Student I.D. or NUS Cards. All students will need to produce their passports/drivers licsence or birth certificate for identification.
- HOLDING DEPOSIT: – To hold a property, we require £100.00 per person. This will be offset against the final balance upon signing the agreement however, should you retract your application at any time and/or fail to meet the referencing standards, then the deposit is
- NON-REFUNDABLE All Tenancy Agreements are Assured Short Hold Tenancies. For a period of 12 months. Once the contract is signed, you are legally tied in for the full term. Please note that viewing appointments can only be made by telephone or in person. We regret that we cannot take appointments by e-mail as the diary changes so rapidly. For further information please contact us.